Here at Ammerhurst we offer a an express key replacement service to ensure our clients do not find themselves locked out, or unable to access something important that may be stuck in a filing cabinet or anywhere else that has a lock.
For over 3 decades we have offered our key replacement service, originally this service was offered as after sales solutions for locker companies who had sold lockers and had customers who had lost keys for filing cabinets, dressing room lockers, desk drawers and other places and wanted quick access without having to resort to brute force. We then extended this service to furniture manufacturers and our reputation for providing a quick, efficient, accurate service grew within the industry.
Our key replacement service includes providing 2 keys to suit a lock, 3 keys to suit a lock, adapting cams to suit samples, copying sample keys, dismantling locks and repairing in the quickest time possible to avoid any disruption, marking keys to specific letters or numbers, rekey services which include opening locks, changing discs, pins and levers, rekeying and reassemble, we also repair and refurb locks.
Our key replacement services means cutting keys individually to customer requirements, so when you are ordering keys using our website you need to be able to provide us with the key number which is usually on the original key AND lockface. If you cannot see the number on the lockface then you will need to provide us with some other details.
- Inform us of the shape of the lock face and whether the finish is stain or shiny chrome.
- Tell us what make and type of equipment to which the lock is fitted (is it wood or metal?).
- Wherever possible provide the manufacturer's name on the key (the same prefix letters can be used by more than one manufacturer).
- Prefix letters and numbers must be provided when available.
- If there are no key numbers (or if the lock is broken) we can replace locks to your sample.
- Information sheets are available on request to help you identify your correct requirements.